Tuesday, February 6, 2018
– Florian Schnell OFFLINE (Germany)
– Moses Iwang Sneeze ALTER EGO (Nigeria)
– Gorge Tiller OVERNIGHT FLIES (Austria)
– Greg Blakey WEDGETAIL (Germany)
– Stanlee Ohikhuare BEHIND THE WHEELS (Nigeria)
– Fritz v Eichhorn DIE TRACHT (Germany)
– Darasen Richards BETRAYAL (Nigeria)
– Justin John Doherty WILDERNESS (UK)
– J Leo Uche SPIRIT OF THE JUNGLE (Nigeria)
– Osezua Elimihe THE MANIAC (Nigeria)
– Blessing Egbe THE WOMEN (Nigeria)
– Paul Hoffmann 1000 MEXIKANER (P. SCHOLZ) (Germany)
– Benedykt Zasadzki ABRAKADABRA (UK)
– Olawale Awoyinka MEMOIRE OF A CABBIE (Uk)
– E.G. Bailey NEW NEIGHBOURS (USA)
– Ruke Amata CHRONICLE OF ELIZABETH (UK)
– Toru Takano SHE’S BEYOND ME (Japan)
– CHOI Yoonyoung HAPPY ENDING (France)
– Mathijs Geijskes STUCK (Netherlands)
– Gabrielle Pfeiffer-Fasbender STIFF (Germany)
– Honey –Ann Ndubuisi NUMB (Nigeria)
– Benny TEARS OF A BROKEN VIRGIN (Nigeria)
– Adeleke Joseph THE ABUSED (Nigeria)
– Banji Oyemaja THE HOUSE KEEPER (Nigeria)
– Hellmut Mario VERAS TONGUE IN MY MOUTH FULL OF CHOCOLATE(Germany)
– Quam Balogun THE ANSWER (Nigeria)
– Moneyshot DAUGHTERS (Nigeria)
– Seyi Oluyole GBERA (Nigeria)
– Zwelethu S.Z. Radebe THE HANGMAN (South Africa)
– Sir Osy Livingstone DON’T (Nigeria)
– Fidelis Ogoja TWISTED (Nigeria)
– Kolade Owolabi IYABO POLICE WAHALA (Nigeria)
– Kingsley Omoefe TAKE CARE OF ME (Nigeria)
– Paul Hoffmann ZWEI SOLDATEN – TWO SOLDIERS (Germany)
DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILMS
– Iara Lee K2 AND THE INVISIBLE FOOTMAN (Pakistan)
– Eric Bednarski A FILM FOR NORTHERN UGANDA ( UK)
– Fumiko Kiyooka REED:THE LIFE AND WORK OF ROY KIYOOKA (Canada)
– Robert Clem HOW THEY GOT OVER (USA)
– Adres Roccatagliata BABYLONDON (UK)
– Rosine Mbakam THE TWO FACES OF A BAMILÉKÉ WOMAN (Cameroon)
– Hyeongsuk Kim SEMPERVIVUM (South Korea)
DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILMS
– Catherine Ricoul THE GALLEON OF THE GALLERY (Germany)
– Prince Abiola SANGO IN GERMANY (Germany)
– Federiba Vairani & Manuel Marano A LIFE OF CHAINS (Italy)
– Julian Catro & Vlami Criz AROUND THE SUN (Brazil)
– Oluwasun Babalola REPRESENT (ṢOJU) (USA)
– Alice McDowell AS HUMAN AS I AM (Ireland)
INDIGENOUS FEATURE FILMS
– Abking Yakub OMO BABA (Nigeria)
– Chidi E.Chidi UCHU (Nigeria)
– Queen Blessing Ebigieson IBAJE MI DANA (Nigeria)
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Performance by an actor in a leading role
- Timothée Chalamet in "Call Me by Your Name"
- Daniel Day-Lewis in "Phantom Thread"
- Daniel Kaluuya in "Get Out"
- Gary Oldman in "Darkest Hour"
- Denzel Washington in "Roman J. Israel, Esq."
Performance by an actor in a supporting role
- Willem Dafoe in "The Florida Project"
- Woody Harrelson in "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri"
- Richard Jenkins in "The Shape of Water"
- Christopher Plummer in "All the Money in the World"
- Sam Rockwell in "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri"
Performance by an actress in a leading role
- Sally Hawkins in "The Shape of Water"
- Frances McDormand in "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri"
- Margot Robbie in "I, Tonya"
- Saoirse Ronan in "Lady Bird"
- Meryl Streep in "The Post"
Performance by an actress in a supporting role
- Mary J. Blige in "Mudbound"
- Allison Janney in "I, Tonya"
- Lesley Manville in "Phantom Thread"
- Laurie Metcalf in "Lady Bird"
- Octavia Spencer in "The Shape of Water"
Best animated feature film of the year
- "The Boss Baby" Tom McGrath and Ramsey Naito
- "The Breadwinner" Nora Twomey and Anthony Leo
- "Coco" Lee Unkrich and Darla K. Anderson
- "Ferdinand" Carlos Saldanha
- "Loving Vincent" Dorota Kobiela, Hugh Welchman and Ivan Mactaggart
Achievement in cinematography
- "Blade Runner 2049" Roger A. Deakins
- "Darkest Hour" Bruno Delbonnel
- "Dunkirk" Hoyte van Hoytema
- "Mudbound" Rachel Morrison
- "The Shape of Water" Dan Laustsen
Achievement in costume design
- "Beauty and the Beast" Jacqueline Durran
- "Darkest Hour" Jacqueline Durran
- "Phantom Thread" Mark Bridges
- "The Shape of Water" Luis Sequeira
- "Victoria & Abdul" Consolata Boyle
Achievement in directing
- "Dunkirk" Christopher Nolan
- "Get Out" Jordan Peele
- "Lady Bird" Greta Gerwig
- "Phantom Thread" Paul Thomas Anderson
- "The Shape of Water" Guillermo del Toro
Best documentary feature
- "Abacus: Small Enough to Jail" Steve James, Mark Mitten and Julie Goldman
- "Faces Places" Agnès Varda, JR and Rosalie Varda
- "Icarus" Bryan Fogel and Dan Cogan
- "Last Men in Aleppo" Feras Fayyad, Kareem Abeed and Søren Steen Jespersen
- "Strong Island" Yance Ford and Joslyn Barnes
Best documentary short subject
- "Edith+Eddie" Laura Checkoway and Thomas Lee Wright
- "Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405" Frank Stiefel
- "Heroin(e)" Elaine McMillion Sheldon and Kerrin Sheldon
- "Knife Skills" Thomas Lennon
- "Traffic Stop" Kate Davis and David Heilbroner
Achievement in film editing
- "Baby Driver" Paul Machliss and Jonathan Amos
- "Dunkirk" Lee Smith
- "I, Tonya" Tatiana S. Riegel
- "The Shape of Water" Sidney Wolinsky
- "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri" Jon Gregory
Best foreign language film of the year
- "A Fantastic Woman" Chile
- "The Insult" Lebanon
- "Loveless" Russia
- "On Body and Soul" Hungary
- "The Square" Sweden
Achievement in makeup and hairstyling
- "Darkest Hour" Kazuhiro Tsuji, David Malinowski and Lucy Sibbick
- "Victoria & Abdul" Daniel Phillips and Lou Sheppard
- "Wonder" Arjen Tuiten
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
- "Dunkirk" Hans Zimmer
- "Phantom Thread" Jonny Greenwood
- "The Shape of Water" Alexandre Desplat
- "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" John Williams
- "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri" Carter Burwell
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)
- "Mighty River" from "Mudbound"
Music and Lyric by Mary J. Blige, Raphael Saadiq and Taura Stinson
- "Mystery Of Love" from "Call Me by Your Name"
Music and Lyric by Sufjan Stevens
- "Remember Me" from "Coco"
Music and Lyric by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
- "Stand Up For
Something" from "Marshall"
Music by Diane Warren; Lyric by Lonnie R. Lynn and Diane Warren
- "This Is Me" from "The Greatest Showman"
Music and Lyric by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
Best motion picture of the year
- "Call Me by Your Name" Peter Spears, Luca Guadagnino, Emilie Georges and Marco Morabito, Producers
- "Darkest Hour" Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Lisa Bruce, Anthony McCarten and Douglas Urbanski, Producers
- "Dunkirk" Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
- "Get Out" Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, Edward H. Hamm Jr. and Jordan Peele, Producers
- "Lady Bird" Scott Rudin, Eli Bush and Evelyn O'Neill, Producers
- "Phantom Thread" JoAnne Sellar, Paul Thomas Anderson, Megan Ellison and Daniel Lupi, Producers
- "The Post" Amy Pascal, Steven Spielberg and Kristie Macosko Krieger, Producers
- "The Shape of Water" Guillermo del Toro and J. Miles Dale, Producers
- "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri" Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin and Martin McDonagh, Producers
Achievement in production design
- "Beauty and the Beast" Production Design: Sarah Greenwood; Set Decoration: Katie Spencer
- "Blade Runner 2049" Production Design: Dennis Gassner; Set Decoration: Alessandra Querzola
- "Darkest Hour" Production Design: Sarah Greenwood; Set Decoration: Katie Spencer
- "Dunkirk" Production Design: Nathan Crowley; Set Decoration: Gary Fettis
- "The Shape of Water" Production Design: Paul Denham Austerberry; Set Decoration: Shane Vieau and Jeff Melvin
Best animated short film
- "Dear Basketball" Glen Keane and Kobe Bryant
- "Garden Party" Victor Caire and Gabriel Grapperon
- "Lou" Dave Mullins and Dana Murray
- "Negative Space" Max Porter and Ru Kuwahata
- "Revolting Rhymes" Jakob Schuh and Jan Lachauer
Best live action short film
- "DeKalb Elementary" Reed Van Dyk
- "The Eleven O'Clock" Derin Seale and Josh Lawson
- "My Nephew Emmett" Kevin Wilson, Jr.
- "The Silent Child" Chris Overton and Rachel Shenton
- "Watu Wote/All of Us" Katja Benrath and Tobias Rosen
Achievement in sound editing
- "Baby Driver" Julian Slater
- "Blade Runner 2049" Mark Mangini and Theo Green
- "Dunkirk" Richard King and Alex Gibson
- "The Shape of Water" Nathan Robitaille and Nelson Ferreira
- "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" Matthew Wood and Ren Klyce
Achievement in sound mixing
- "Baby Driver" Julian Slater, Tim Cavagin and Mary H. Ellis
- "Blade Runner 2049" Ron Bartlett, Doug Hemphill and Mac Ruth
- "Dunkirk" Mark Weingarten, Gregg Landaker and Gary A. Rizzo
- "The Shape of Water" Christian Cooke, Brad Zoern and Glen Gauthier
- "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Stuart Wilson
Achievement in visual effects
- "Blade Runner 2049" John Nelson, Gerd Nefzer, Paul Lambert and Richard R. Hoover
- "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" Christopher Townsend, Guy Williams, Jonathan Fawkner and Dan Sudick
- "Kong: Skull Island" Stephen Rosenbaum, Jeff White, Scott Benza and Mike Meinardus
- "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" Ben Morris, Mike Mulholland, Neal Scanlan and Chris Corbould
- "War for the Planet of the Apes" Joe Letteri, Daniel Barrett, Dan Lemmon and Joel Whist
- "Call Me by Your Name" Screenplay by James Ivory
- "The Disaster Artist" Screenplay by Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Weber
- "Logan" Screenplay by Scott Frank & James Mangold and Michael Green; Story by James Mangold
- "Molly's Game" Written for the screen by Aaron Sorkin
- "Mudbound" Screenplay by Virgil Williams and Dee Rees
- "The Big Sick" Written by Emily V. Gordon & Kumail Nanjiani
- "Get Out" Written by Jordan Peele
- "Lady Bird" Written by Greta Gerwig
- "The Shape of Water" Screenplay by Guillermo del Toro & Vanessa Taylor; Story by Guillermo del Toro
- "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri" Written by Martin McDonagh
....And now for a Destiny Road Special Presentation! Happy Birthday to The "King of Pop" Michael Jackson! If Michael's music impacted you in ANYWAY, please love and SHARE! Everyone tagged please share! Thanks for your support and stay tuned for more great music from Destiny Road very soon! WATCH to the very end for the credits!! Let's Go Viral for MJ one time.... enjoy
Friday, January 5, 2018
Australian actor Cate Blanchett is to be President of the Jury of the Festival de Cannes, the 71st edition of which will be taking place in May 2018.
“I have been to Cannes in many guises over the years; as an actress, producer, in the marketplace, the Gala-sphere and in Competition,” she declared, “but never solely for the sheer pleasure of watching the cornucopia of films this great festival harbours.”
Cate Blanchett follows Pedro Almodóvar, Jury President of the 70th edition, whose jury awarded the Palme d’or to The Square by Swedish director Ruben Östlund.
"I am humbled by the privilege and responsibility of presiding over this year's jury,” she continued. “This festival plays a pivotal role in bringing the world together to celebrate story; that strange and vital endeavour that all peoples share, understand and crave."
Pierre Lescure, Festival de Cannes President and Thierry Frémaux, General Delegate, said: "We are delighted to welcome such a rare and unique artist whose talent and convictions enrich both screen and stage. Our conversations from this autumn tell us she will be a committed President, a passionate woman and a big-hearted spectator.