Wednesday, February 4, 2015

NIGERIA SAFE UNDER JONATHAN, SAYS IBB


Former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd.), on Tuesday at his Minna, Niger State Hilltop residence, said with President Goodluck Jonathan piloting the affairs of the nation, the nation is in safe hands.
The former military president spoke when Jonathan who was in the state capital for his re-election campaign paid him homage.
Babangida thanked Jonathan sincerely for finding time to pay him a visit despite his busy schedule.
He said he shared the same passion with Jonathan, a passion which he said was the genuine zeal to transform Nigeria.
Babangida told Jonathan: "I felt touched when you visited me in Germany after nine hours of surgery and you came again.
"You have made a very good decision to visit Minna during your presidential campaign because Minna is known for producing presidents, beginning from your namesake President Azikiwe, who was born in Zungeru.
"And since then most of the president's of Nigeria have one thing or the other, they come here to ask for blessing and I will offer this blessing to you Mr. President.
"When we were doing nocturnal activities for the PDP, this house has held meetings.My family and I are proud of this. I commend the party for being very strong,
"I see in PDP an organisation devoid of religion. You have shown leadership; even when others are breaking up, you have remained strong.
"Jonathan and I share a common passion which is Nigeria remains strong, united and indivisible. I wish you well. Nigeria under Jonathan is in safe hands."
Earlier, Jonathan said he was pleased each time he went to see Babangida, saying "You have taken me as a son since my days as deputy governor. You have been a pillar and support me.
"I have come to present myself and Sambo, You are a leader of our party, you are a stabilising factor of our country and party and have been encouraging the young ones to grow.”

Source: Thisday

No comments:

Post a Comment