Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Why I love films by Femi Odugbemi





I love Films. Always have. From back in the day when as kids we sneaked into Super Cinema in Surulere Lagos to watch Indian & Chinese epics that weren't even sub-titled in English.

It's why today I enjoy film festival jury work. It's always a great chance to see the world through its stories. The tales of our flawed humanity Set against the conflicts of characters & cultures, history & modernity, pain & progress, defeat & triumph, the human spirit is always resilient, always hopeful & always a work-in-progress.


On festival jury duty I get to watch a lot of films for free! And I marvel at the rich talent of Africa behind & in front of camera whether it's South Africa, Uganda, Kenya or Nigeria. I have no doubt that Africa will thrive someday soon in the global economy on the strength of her storytelling heritage!

No comments:

Post a Comment