Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ANGELINA JOLIE HAVE CHANCES OF BREAST CANCER UNDERGOES SURGERY.

After finding out she has a high chance of developing breast cancer Angelina Jolie undergoes a double mastectomy.


Angelina Jolie has revealed that she has undergone a double mastectomy. Copyright [Wenn]The brave 37-year-old star has written an emotional article for the New York Times explaining that she made the decision after finding out she had the BRCA1 cancer gene, meaning she had an 87% chance of developing breast cancer.
She wrote: “My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman.
“Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy.
“I started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex.
“On April 27, I finished the three months of medical procedures that the mastectomies involved. During that time I have been able to keep this private and to carry on with my work.”




Angelina’s mother Marcheline Bertrand died in 2007 after battling ovarian cancer.
The actress, who has five children with
Brad Pitt, credited her fiancé for his support throughout her invasive treatment.
Angelina Jolie credited Brad Pitt for his support throughout her operation. Copyright [Wenn]She continued: “I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer.
“It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable. They can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was.
“I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive. So to anyone who has a wife or girlfriend going through this, know that you are a very important part of the transition.
“Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries. We managed to find moments to laugh together.
“ We knew this was the right thing to do for our family and that it would bring us closer. And it has.”







No comments:

Post a Comment